Saturday, March 18, 2006

Altered Book Project: Fun At Sea



This week, for spring break, I'm making my annual migration south to the gulf shores. In anticipation of the trip, I started this altered book journal project. I found the book at a Flea Market, liked the illustrations and the quirky, but conscientious text, and thought it would make a good backdrop for journaling my beach experiences over the next few years. The underwater swim photo was a recent find; the mermaid I've had for years. For now, she's found her way onto the front of this book. Maybe later, she'l find her way onto something else. Mermaids can be unpredictable like that.

1 Comments:

Blogger jzephyrs said...

That cover turned out looking great. I really like the addition of the mermaid. Such a great piece!

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home